1. Goto aws console and click on aws lambda, click over create a lambda function.
2. You can see blue prints(sample code) for different languages. Choose s3-get-object-python.
3. Select event source type as s3, select the desired bucket.
4. The event type is should be 'created' as we want to capture events only when objects are created and cleck next.
5. Provide your code name. Now you can see the sample code which includes the boto3 library by default. If you need to include other libraries then you should create a zip file with main code file and all required libraries.
When you upload a zip file with main code filename being main_file and the handler function inside the main_file being lambda_handler then the 'Handler' option should represent: main_file.lambda_handler.
example main.py file
6. For the role, you can select s3 execution role.
7. Leave all the options as default and click next.
8. You can enable the event source but it's recommended not to, until you test the code is working. So just leave that and create function.
Now that you have configured lambda, to test click on the test which shows the test data, here change the bucket name with the desired one. Click on the test.
This will display the result at the bottom where you can check the output for any syntax errors or bugs.
Once you are confident that the code is fine, you can enable the event source.
Now got to your bucket and create a file. As you create the file, lambda will invoke the function associated with it. You can check the output at cloud watch logs.
know more about our Aws consulting Services here
Django-CRM :Customer relationship management based on Django
Django-blog-it : django blog with complete customization and ready to use with one click installer Edit
Django-webpacker : A django compressor tool
Django-MFA : Multi Factor Authentication
Docker-box : Web Interface to manage full blown docker containers and imagesMore...