Travis CI is a continuous integration service used to build and test applications hosted on GitHub. Travis CI supports integration with other tools such as coverage analyzers.
Why use Travis?
Travis CI runs your program's tests every time you commit to GitHub. you can easily discover your code breaks. setting up Travis-ci is very easy.
To run tests in Travis you have to create ".travis.yml" file in root directory.
.travis.yml file for Django application.
language: python # => 1 python: # => 2 - "2.6" - "2.7" services: # => 3 - mysql env: # => 4 -DJANGO=1.8 DB=mysql install: # => 5 - pip install -r requirements.txt before_script: # => 6 - mysql -e 'create database test;' -u root script: # => 7 - python manage.py test
Explanation for above comments:
1. By defining "language: python" application is developed in python language.
2. Test your application in multiple versions of python by defining versions in python hook settings
3. Define services required for your application ex: elastic search, radis, etc in services.
4. Specify your Django version and database to use.
5. install application requirements.
6. before_script: as name defines this commands will run before running your actual test cases.
7. command to run tests.
Django-CRM :Customer relationship management based on Django
Django-blog-it : django blog with complete customization and ready to use with one click installer Edit
Django-webpacker : A django compressor tool
Django-MFA : Multi Factor Authentication
Docker-box : Web Interface to manage full blown docker containers and imagesMore...