Instagram advertising allows marketeers to achieve several goals, be it increasing brand awareness, increasing product sales, getting more leads or increasing mobile app downloads or store visits. Instagram has various ad formats that marketeers can utilize to meet their business goals:-
- Photo adverts
- Video adverts
- Carousal adverts
- Stories adverts
Marketeers can use the precision targeting options that Instagram provides to showcase these adverts to their target audiences. Instagram allows targeting audiences by:-
- Location – You can target customers located closest to your store or business premises with the location option. You can specifically target some types of geographic areas and promote your business there.
- Demographics – With demographics you can run your ads and showcase them to audiences of a certain age, gender or those who speak a particular language. This keeps undesirable audiences out of reach and lets you focus on your exact target group.
- Interests – This lets you focus on customers who follow certain types of users or those who use certain apps or those who click on certain adverts such as ads by your competitors or similar businesses such as yours.
- Behaviors – This feature by Instagram lets you target a customer by the kind of activities he or she indulges in on Facebook and Instagram.
- Custom Audiences – Custom audiences lets you display your adverts to those customers that are already known to you. You can input their email address or phone number and target specific campaigns at them. This can be especially helpful in cross-selling products or services.
- Lookalike Audiences – This feature lets you find audiences who have similar attributes as your existing customers.
- Automated Targeting – This feature is an intelligent feature that suggests audiences that you can target based on a wide range of factors such as age, location and interests.
MicroPyramid for your Instagram Success